2 week challenge, 2 weeks, apps, Arts, ballet recital, beauty, bicycle, biking, Body Rock, Body Rock TV, bodyrock, bodyrock.tv, calories, calories burned, calories burned calculator, cardio, charity miles, cleanse, dad, daily ab workout, daily arm workout, daily butt workout, daily cardio workout, daily workout, diet, dieting, diets, DIY, exercise, Facebook, Fast food, Fast Food Calorie Look Up. FFCL, fast food calories, fitness apps, food, free, free charity, frozen strawberries, fruit, gaming, GM Diet, god sister, happy sunday, health, healthy-living, HIIT, HIIT interval timer, hit interval timer, how-to, interval timer, Jillian Michaels, life, lose it, map my ride, map my run, map my walk, mom, my fitness pal, My Special K, nature, nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp, Paleo, Paleo Diet, phone apps, Primal, Primal Feed, product testing, run, running, Shopping, skinny wrap, social media, Special K, Special K Challenge, style, transportation, veggies, walking, water, Weight loss, weight loss apps, work out, workout, yoga and pilates, Zombie, Zombie Run
Happy Sunday all!!! I hope everyone had a great weekend! I had the privilege of watching my god-sister’s ballet recital in Jacksonville at the Florida Theater.
It is a beautiful building and when I get the pictures I will upload some!! 🙂
Anywho, I had a conversation awhile back with a friend about apps on the phone and if fitness apps really help or if they just take up memory. So, over the last few months I’ve tried a bunch of different fitness/weight loss apps on my phone so I could let you guys know which ones I thought we’re actually worth while!
All of the links are for the Google Play Store (since I have an android) but if you have an app that is available on another OS let me know and I’ll be sure to link it!
- My Fitness Pal-Free Lose weight with MyFitnessPal, the fastest and easiest to use calorie counter for Android. With the largest food database of any Android calorie counter (over 3,000,000 foods), and amazingly fast food and exercise entry, we’ll help you take those extra pounds off! My fitness Pal is an ap that lets you track your calorie intake. I use this one regularly because it’s easier than keeping a writen food journal. Plus it helps you also track your fat, carb, fiber, etc. You can also track cardio and strength training so you can track your workouts too. 4.7/5
- Charity Miles-Free Charity Miles is a free app that empowers you to earn money for charities while walking, running or biking– everyday. Just choose a charity and hit the streets. As you walk, run or bike, the app will track your distance and you’ll earn money for your charity: 10¢ per mile for bikers; 25¢ per mile for walkers and runners, all up to $1,000,000 courtesy of our corporate sponsors. I love this ap! As long as I remeber to turn it on that is haha. I use this when I walk my dogs and it really helps me go further because A) I know I’m giving something back while bettering my health, and B) You have to go at least half a mile before your donation is accepted. I also love that there are so many different charities to choose from, including ASPCA, Wounded Warrior Project, Pencils for Promise, Feeding America, Habitat for Humanity, The Michael J. Fox Foundation, and many more! 5/5
- HIIT Interval Timer-Free Easy to use workout timer for interval training. Create your own sets and workouts! Great training timer for Crossfit training, HIIT, interval timer, tabata, round timer, running, c25k timer, etc.- Merge several sets into large workout
– Simple and intuitive interface
– Warning ticks
– Advanced sound settings
– Skip forward in workout I like this app for my workouts that I find on pinterest and youtube. I used to use my stopwatch on my phone, but having to watch the time really distracted me from my workout, making it less effective. It’s great to have and really good for personalizing workouts! 4.6/5
- Zombie, Run!-Free The Zombie, Run! Zombie Finder is a survival tool for people living in a zombie-infested area. Zombie, Run! displays the location of nearby zombies, helping you safely navigate your urban or rural area. I haven’t used this app yet, but I have heard wonderful things about it from friends! Pretty much as you run or walk, you have a map that shows you if there are zombies near by. The further you go, the more power-ups or weapons you can get to defeat them. What’s a plus is you can pick up where you left off on your next run! A great way to get you off the beaten path to find new areas to walk or run. 4/5
- Lose it-Free Lose It! helps you set a daily calorie budget, track your food and exercise, and stay motivated to make smarter choices and achieve your goal. We think it’s the best, most seamless weight loss system available. EFFECTIVE-Lose It! is based on the proven principles of calorie tracking and peer support for healthy, sustainable weight loss. CONNECTED-We seamlessly connect you to the people, devices, and food information you need to achieve your weight loss goals. PERSONAL-We customize a weight loss plan that fits your life. Set your goals and achieve them on your terms. All the tools you need to achieve your weight loss goal, all in the palm of your hand. HOW IT WORKS-Getting started with Lose It! is easy. Simply download the app, tell us a little about yourself and your weight loss goal, and we’ll create a custom weight loss plan for you. Then simply start logging your food and exercise! TRACK YOURSELF-Lose It! offers a simple, easy-to-use tool for tracking what you eat and do. Our robust food database has thousands of restaurant, grocery store, and brand-name foods, all researched and validated by the Lose It! Team. Log food and activity on your Android device, or online at LoseIt.com. Similar to My Fitness Pal. Very user friendly and lets you add friends to keep you motivated! You can also watch your progress and it will tell you if you’re losing too fast or if you’re not taking in enough calories per day. 4.7/5
- Calories Burned-Free Use this calculator to estimate your energy (calories) spending on daily activities, exercises etc.*** MASSIVE FEATURES UPDATE**
1) HUNDREDS OF DIFFERENT WORKOUT OPTIONS
2) FAVORITE SECTION
3) DAILY DIARY FEATURE
4) WORLD’s DIFFERENT CUISINES’ DISHES PER SERVING CALORIES – You can add/delete/update your own dishes
5) FRUIT AND VEGETABLES’ CALORIES – You can add/delete your own fruits and vegetables
I primarily use this one to see how many calories I burn with my various workouts to add to my other apps, or to see how long I have to do a certain exercise in order to burn my daily 500+ calories.
- Primal Feed-Free Primal Feed presents the latest information on the paleo diet and nutrition and the primal lifestyle. Any of the content can shared by email or on the popular social-networking sites. The content is sourced from “Mark’s Daily Apple”, “Paleo for Women”, “Paleoista”, “The Paleo Solution”, “PaleoFast”, and “The Paleo Network”. Any of the feeds can be turned on or off individually from the menu on the opening screen. The app is free and supported by ads. I don’t use this one very oftern except for the ocassional recipe. Great for anyone follwoing or wanting info on the Paleo lifestyle (it’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle change!) It is a little buggy and freezes sometimes, but that would have just been the area I was in. 3.9/5
- Fast Food Calorie Lookup-Free This app is simple – it gives you calorie counts (and more) FAST for a number of popular restaurants! Pick your restaurant, pick your item, and you get the count! For restaurants that have dozens of items, use the search box to narrow down your criteria! Trying to eat healthier? Check out the BMR and daily calorie calculator. Over 10,000 people use this app every day! This app is great for going out to eat when you don’t know how to stick to your healthy eating! Sometimes you just forget to pack a lunch or end up out later than you expect. It tells you calories, fat, protein, fiber, and more! 4.4/5
- My Special K-Free Special K Plans™ are customizable weight management plans designed by our nutritionists to help you meet the goals that are most important to you. Now staying on track gets even easier! With the new My Special K™ mobile app you can access your meal plan wherever and whenever you want and so much more. By downloading the app you can:• Choose the 2 Week Challenge or customize a plan based on event or weight goals
• Create a plan to maintain your current weight
• Access daily menus and detailed shopping lists
• Manage your plan
• Update your progress
• Receive helpful tips and motivation
• It’s Free! This one is great for those who those who only need to loose a few pounds. Unfortunately due to the app’s design and Special K’s “2 week Challenge” set-up, you are unable to set a weight loss goal higher than about 30 pounds at a time. 3/5
- BodyRock.TV-Free BodyRock.tv is the largest free gym class. In almost every country around the world – in dozens of languages, across multitudes of boarders and in many different cultures, BodyRockers are standing in their living rooms and training together for a life well lived. BodyRockers share in this positive energy together – supporting each other in a non-judgemental, safe and empowering environment of community. This APP makes it easy to BodyRock anywhere and everywhere. Let us change your life – Workout @ Home for FREE !! Daily Workout Videos, Fitness Tips & Diet Advice. 12 minutes – ZERO excuses!http://www.BodyRock.Tv I actually just recently downloaded this app, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE bodyrock.tv! The workouts are short and simple (with the exception of the rep challenges) and they have workouts for everyone from beginners to advanced! Plus a bunch of recipes for clean eating 🙂 The app is a little difficult to navigate at first, but overall very nice! 4.3/5
- Daily Ab Workout-Free Daily Ab Workout FREE is a great 5 to 10 minute daily ab routine for men and women that steps you through ten of the best ab-sculpting exercises. These proven exercises, demonstrated by a certified personal trainer, target all major abdominal muscles. Spending just minutes a day can strengthen your core and tone your abs. The routine’s simple interface, complete with video and timer, allows you to easily follow along and understand each exercise.*If you like Daily Ab Workout FREE, check out the full version which features:
• A second and third workout to vary up your routine
• Randomize feature for different daily workouts
• Landscape mode and ad-free This app did not stay on my phone very long. While it does have some decent workouts, you cant access a lot on the free version. But if you’re intersted in purchasing the full version, it does have a lot of better options. There are several varieties of this app as well, including butt, legs, cardio, arm, and all over workouts. 4/5
- Map My Run/Walk/Ride-Free Built to help runners, joggers, and walkers of all ability levels and ages. Easily track pace, distance, calories, time with audio alerts and much more!Track running, cycling, and over 600 types of other activities with:
⊕ GPS Route Mapping
⊕ Route navigation
⊕ Calorie counting
⊕ Elevation profile
⊕ Nutrition, food, diet, and weight tracking
⊕ Real-time Stats (avg/min/max pace, distance, time, etc) during workout
⊕ Voice prompts that give you updates on your progress as you go!
⊕ Compete on local Courses: receive automatic achievements and overall rank on Leaderboards for popular local runs and rides.
⊕ Tracks in the background so you can listen to music, take calls, and use any other feature of your phone, while still tracking This app is really nice if you have a route that you run/walk/bike regularly so you can keep track of your miles. As well as it’s great if you’re trying a new route and want to know how far you’re going! You can also track your food and weight. I had issues with this one freezing at times, as well as the calorie allowance it gave me was WAY higher than it should have been for me telling it I wanted to lose weight. I primarily use it just to keep track of my routes. 4.5/5
So there ya go!! I hope this helps and if you have any other apps that you want me to review, just let me know!!!